Clay Shoot Waiver
IREM INDIANAPOLIS CHAPTER 24, INC.
PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT AND WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Please read carefully before signing
This is a release of liability and waiver of certain legal rights.
In consideration of my participation in the IREM Indianapolis Sporting Clay Shoot – Indiana Gun Club, October 6, 2020 (the “Outing”), I acknowledge and agree to the following Waiver and Release:
Voluntary Participation: I understand and confirm that my participation in the Outing as a participant, volunteer, and/or sponsor in connection with the Outing is voluntary.
Compliance with All Rules: I agree to abide by any policies and procedures established for participating in the Outing, including policies and safety measures to mitigate exposure to COVID-19.
Assumption of Risk: I fully understand that there are dangers, inherent and otherwise, in the participation of the Outing and in participating in the Outing during the COVID-19 pandemic. I further understand that my participation in the Outing may expose me to the risk of personal injury or death and/or the risk of exposure to COVID-19. I hereby acknowledge that I am participating of my own free will in the Outing and I agree to assume the full risk of any injuries and/or damages and/or losses of any kind, regardless of severity and including death, that may occur in connection with my participation in the Outing.
I acknowledge that skeet, trap, and sporting clays target shooting have inherent risks, hazards, and dangers for anyone, that cannot be eliminated (particularly in a wilderness environment). I UNDERSTAND THAT THESE RISKS, HAZARDS, AND DANGERS INCLUDE WITHOUT LIMITATION:
- The risk of handling firearms and being near others who are in possession of firearms;
- The risk of ear damage, from noise or otherwise;
- The risk of eye damage from debris, clay target fragments, shot shell pellets or otherwise;
- The risk of other bodily injury from ammunition, targets, target fragments, trap equipment and shot shell pellets;
- The risk of bodily injury from walking in rugged country, including encounters with wildlife, insects and watercourses;
- The risks of bodily injury associated with inclement weather conditions; and
- The risks of property damage.
For eye and ear protection, we recommend you use earplugs and protective eyeglasses. If you do not use appropriate eye and ear protection, you are doing so by choice and at your own peril.
I understand the risks, hazards, and dangers described above or otherwise resulting from skeet, trap, and sporting clays target shooting. I have had the opportunity to review and consider all such risks, hazards and damages. I understand that these activities may require good physical conditioning and a degree of skill and knowledge. I believe I am in good physical condition and that I possess the requisite skill and knowledge, both of which are necessary to safely engage in these activities.
I AM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITIES OF SKEET, TRAP, AND SPORTING CLAYS TARGET SHOOTING, WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF THE INHERENT RISKS, HAZARDS, AND DANGERS INVOLVED AND HEREBY ASSUME AND ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS OF INJURY, INCLUDING PARALYSIS OR DEATH.
COVID-19: By signing this agreement, I agree to the following in regard to COVID-19:
- I am aware that persons over age 65 and persons with underlying health conditions are at greater risk of contracting COVID-19 and becoming ill, potentially risking death.
- I attest that I am not experiencing any symptoms of illness including but not limited to, a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of sense of smell and/or taste. If I develop these symptoms, I agree to leave the Outing.
- I have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 positive or have been cleared medically from COVID-19 Symptoms (after unknown or known exposure).
- I am not waiting the result of a COVID-19 test nor is anyone in my household.
- No one in my household currently has COVID-19 symptoms or is currently positive for COVID-19.
- In the event any of the answers to these questions change prior to the start of the Outing, I will notify IREM Indianapolis Chapter 24, Inc. to determine if I am eligible to participate.
Waiver and Release of Liability: I, for myself, my heirs, successors, executors, assigns, and subrogees, hereby KNOWINGLY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE AND RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS IREM INDIANAPOLIS CHAPTER 24, INC. and Indiana Gun Club, their respective directors, officers, agents, employees, members, or volunteers, and/or any of them, from and against any and all claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, suits, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my participation in these activities including but not limited to, the NEGLIGENCE of any kind or nature whether foreseen or unforeseen, and resulting in any damage, loss, injury, paralysis, exposure to COVID-19, or death to me or any damage or loss to property as a result of engaging in these activities, whether such damage, loss, injury, paralysis, exposure to COVID-19, and/or death results from the negligence of IREM INDIANAPOLIS CHAPTER 24, INC. and Indiana Gun Club, their respective directors, officers, agents, employees, members and volunteers and/or any of them, or from any other cause, I, for myself, my heirs, my successors, executors, assigns and subrogees, further agree not to sue IREM INDIANAPOLIS CHAPTER 24, INC., and Indiana Gun Club, their respective directors, officers, agents, employees, members, volunteers and/or any of them, as a result of any damage, loss, injury, paralysis, or death suffered in connection with my participation in the Outing.